ITIL training provides for a modern approach to IT service management industry. It is a globally recognized certification. It gives a framework which includes a set of best practices upon consideration of public and private sectors internationally. It gives a deep understanding and helps you develop a perspective regarding business value delivery, process documentation, roles and functions of IT service Management (ITSM). The objective behind it is to provide for an acumen that can take off a business from simply managing company’s IT to making IT a productive department so as to achieve business goals strategically. ITIL certification helps organizations fulfill this goal by providing guidelines for establishing governance standards and enhancing the alignment between business and its IT processes.
The examination that participants have to undergo for earning this certification has the following format:
- It has Multiple choice examination questions
- Total questions asked are 40.
- 26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 65%
- 60 minutes’ duration
- Closed book.
ITIL 2011 Foundation Benefits
The benefits of ITIL 2011 Foundation certification training from NETWORKERS HOME include the following:
- Participants end up improving their job prospects after becoming an ITIL certified professional.
- By putting into practice the various tools and techniques learnt during the course helps you improve your individual productivity and efficiency at your workplace.
- ITIL provides for a globally recognized framework which has wide acceptance all across the world. The industries that require application of acquired skills include Education and Healthcare also, therefore this certification surely improves your career prospects to a great degree.
Following the passing an APMG/EXIN exam in IT service management (based on ITIL), some people will wear a metal pin on their shirt or jacket. This badge, provided by the ITSMF with basic gold colour is set in the form of the ITIL-logo. The ITIL pins consist of a small, diamond-like structure. The meaning and the shape of the diamond is meant to depict coherence in the IT industry (infrastructure as well). The four corners of the pin symbolise service support, service delivery, infrastructure management and IT management.
There are five colours of ITIL pins – each corresponds to the colour of the associated core publication:
- ITIL Foundation Badge (Pastel Green). This ITIL lapel pin takes its colour from the ITIL Service Strategy book and is awarded on successful completion of the ITIL Foundation exam.
- ITIL Intermediate Capability Badge (Burgundy). There are four ITIL Capability courses. (RCV, OSA, SOA, PPO). You are able to apply for this lapel pin once you have passed each exam. Some examination institutes such as APMG International will send the pins automatically with the candidate’s certificate. This badge shares its colour with the ITIL Service Transition book.
- ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle Badge (Teal). For each of the five ITIL Lifecycle courses (SS, SD, ST, SO, CSI), candidates receive this lapel pin after passing the exam. The colour for this pin is based on the ITIL Service Operation book.
- ITIL Expert Badge (Lilac). This is currently the highest qualification available with ITIL. The lapel pin is awarded to a candidate who attains 22 credits through a combination of ITIL training courses. The pin takes its colour from the ITIL Continual Service Improvement book.
- ITIL Master Badge (Purple, with the letter M in the middle). Currently in pilot phase this qualification has no training course or exam associated with it. To gain qualification as an ITIL Master, candidates have to have his/her work peer-reviewed by a panel of experts. Once an ITIL Expert has achieved this status, the ITIL Master can wear a lapel pin based on the colour of the ITIL Service Design book, which also has a Gold M in the centre.
Upon successful course completion, participants would be able to:
- Develop better understanding of IT Service Management best practices, key concepts, principles, and process models required for clearing the ITIL Foundation certification exam
- Gain insight on scope, purpose, and objective of service strategy, service transition, service design, service operations, and Continual Service Improvement
- Apply ITIL concepts, tools and techniques to improve effectiveness and efficiency of business for optimizing and enhancing customer experience
- Learn how to automate standard tasks and apply lean principles to enhance efficiency of IT Service Management processes in this ITIL 2011 foundation training
- Help organization in devising centralized processes and teams and save costs using well defined fit-for-use and fit-for purpose processes
- Bump up user satisfaction, improve service levels, lower costs, optimize outsourcing, increase service availability, and improve the ability to manage change using ITIL procedures
Service Management Defined
- IT services and what they really do
- How IT services deliver value to customers
- Value and importance of IT service management
2. ITIL Introduction
- Good practices
- Ease ITIL adoption
- ITIL qualification scheme, bodies, and certifications
3. Service Strategy
- Design, develop, and implement service management
- Service management as a strategic asset
- Setting objectives and expectations
- Identify and select prioritization opportunities
4. Service Design
- Design and develop services
- Develop processes
- Design principles and methods
- Convert strategy into services
5. Service Transition
- Develop and improve capabilities
- Improved methods for transitioning new and changed services into operation
- Manage the complexity related to changes
- Prevent undesired results while enabling innovation
6. Service Operation
- Effectively and efficiently deliver support services
- Ensure value to customer and service provider
- Maintain stability while allowing for change
- Organize to improve IT support to customers
7. Continual Service Improvement
- Create and maintain value for customers
- Importance of better design, introduction, and operation of services
- Improving service quality, business continuity, and IT efficiency
- Link improvement efforts to strategy, design, and transition
8. Exam-Taking Tips
- Important techniques to help you pass your exam
9. Exam Review
The ITIL Foundation Certification is best suited for:
- IT professionals tasked with service improvement initiatives
- IT Managers
- System Analysts
- System Administrators
- Security Managers
- IT Operations Manager
- Database Administrators
FEE IN INR
FEE IN $
|ITIL Foundation||10000/- + 18% GST||350 USD|
|ITIL Expert||10000/- + 18% GST||350 USD|
|PMP||10000/- + 18% GST||350 USD|
|Check Point||10000/- + 18% GST||350 USD|
|F5 LTM||10000/- + 18% GST||350 USD|
|PALO ALTO||10000/- + 18% GST||350 USD|
|CISSP||10000/- + 18% GST||350 USD|
|CISA||10000/- + 18% GST||350 USD|
|CISM||10000/- + 18% GST||350 USD|
|SPLUNK||10000/- + 18% GST||350 USD|