- About The Course
- Course Objectives
F5® BIG-IP® Local Traffic Manager™ (LTM) course at NetworkersHome helps you make available more reliable and secured applications to your users in an optimized manner. One gets the extensibility and flexibility of application services with the programmability that is required to manage the physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructure. With BIG-IP LTM, one has the power to simplify, automate, and customize applications faster and more reliably.
Ensure secure and fast applications to your end users. Take control of the network traffic.
BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM) ensures to entail deep understanding of network’s application traffic and control over and how it should be handled. It is designed to modify and transform the chaotic volume of network traffic into logically assembled streams of data. It then makes intelligent traffic management decisions thereby, selecting the right destination based on server performance, security, and availability.
The course gives network professionals a functional understanding of BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager. Classroom training and extensive hands-on lab helps students build the well-rounded skill set needed to manage F5 BIG-IP LTM systems.
Upon course completion, the participants get to learn:
- How to implement the high availability features to establish an active/standby device service cluster.
- How to load balance web application traffic across a pool of non-homogenous servers.
- How to use an iRule to customize traffic flow, selecting the appropriate pool of back end servers based on the client’s preferred content language.
- How to secure your critical applications
- How to protect the apps that run your business with industry-leading SSL performance and visibility.
- Last but not the least, how to decrease existing server load reducing concurrent connections and connection rates using OneConnect.
This course is meant for system and network administrators responsible for installation, setup, configuration, and administration of the BIG-IP LTM system.
Following basic conceptual knowledge and experience are essential to hold before attending any F5 course:
- OSI model
- Routing and switching
- Ethernet and ARP
- TCP/IP concepts
- Gateways and Firewalls
- LAN vs. WAN