Why the Changes?
Cisco explains these changes as a way of “revolutionizing the role of network professionals and software developers to drive technology innovation and accelerate business.”
For example DevNet, Cisco’s developer program, will encompass software developers and certified network professionals in one community. Cisco’s promotional literature touts this collaboration as a way to share best practices and expand automation capabilities.
While preparing IT professionals for associate-level IT jobs, the new exam will encompass more skills and knowledge. Cisco sees the changes as incorporating software practices into networking, creating one community by having developers and networkers work together solving network problems.
Cisco will release new software certifications to guarantee IT professionals can meet the demands for automation and programming. These innovations will further Cisco’s goal of bringing development and network professionals’ work closer together. This move reflects changes in the industry where automation and network careers are becoming closer aligned, with more companies demanding this ability from IT pros.
The new exam will be broken down in these proportions:
- IP Connectivity — 25 percent
- Network Access — 20 percent
- Network Fundamentals — 20 percent
- IP Services — 10 percent
- Security Fundamentals — 15 percent
- Automation and Programmability — 10 percent
After exam takers earn a CCNA, they can pursue different specialization paths among the Cisco Certified Specialist careers. Specialization in job roles will replace multiple tracks in the Cisco career path. IT professionals may obtain various skills needed after earning the CCNA.
Cisco hopes that the changes will inspire more agility for those seeking careers in IT, as the market constantly changes and the certification processes try to keep up.
What are the benefits of CCNA certification?
- For sure you are going to increase the knowledge and broaden your understanding of this concept on how it works.
- Chance of getting promoted is easy with a good hike.
- CCNA Certification helps in stable employment in the reputed IT firms
- Even if you are from a non-technical background you can become a CCNA certified by clearing the examination.
- The certification keeps you active in all the latest trends and technology.
- CCNA certification will lead to many other certifications like CCNA security, CCNA wireless, and many other certifications
Are the exam questions are the same in all the countries ?
It is most likely, the exam questions are the same in all countries. But notice that Cisco has a pool of questions and each time you take the exam, a number of random questions will show up so you will not see all the same questions as the previous exam.
What are the questions types asked in CCNA exam?
Generally, these are the types of questions asked in the CCNA exam
- Multiple choice questions with a single answer
- Multiple choice questions with multiple answers
- Drag and drop type questions
- Fill in the blanks
- Simulation type questions
How is the CCNA exam conducted?
Most of the Cisco Certification Exams are delivered in a secured and proctored (Which means you are watched by cameras) environment at Person VUE Test Centres and these centers are available throughout the world.