Future and Scope of ITIL Certification
Considering the latest technological trends, IT organizations immensely focus on their IT support and troubleshooting mechanisms to deliver efficiency in IT service management. ITIL is intended to provide a framework containing structured guidelines to help you understand the set standards governing the IT Service management.
ITIL is the top most certification in the domain of IT services management. Most people intend to confuse it for project management, but mind it, it is not at all about planning and executing projects. Instead, it concentrates on managing and delivering the best IT services. It empowers you with a holistic approach to the industry best practices and sets you free to implement them into stages.
You must be wondering, what miracles can ITIL certification do for the organization that implements it and for your career. The article intends to enlighten you about the scope of ITIL certification from the Job perspective.
Extensive ITIL certification and training programs can grab you the following opportunities under the following management roles:
1. People Management Roles
- Service Desk
- Business Relationship Manager
- Supplier Relationship Manager
2. Technology Management Roles
- Incident Manager
- Problem Manager
- Change Manager
- Project Manager
- Enterprise Architect
- Systems Developer
- Quality Assurance and Testing Manager
- IT Service Continuity Manager
3. Other Roles
- Strategy Analyst
- Finance Analyst
- Demand Analyst
- Service Portfolio Manager
- Service Delivery Manager
Global knowledge lists the top certifications in IT and business management domain that can help you choose your career. According to the latest survey, ITIL certification holds the 6th Place in the ranking, amongst top 18 certifications.
ITIL Foundation certification, to your surprise, can help you garner an average salary of $93,638. If you combine these credentials with Cisco certification, the average salary shoots up by $13,333. Coupling ITIL credentials with other project management certifications like PMI, COBIT or TOGAF, you can again attain a salary hike of $11,428, on an average, keeping the experience level constant.
ITIL v3 certification offers you to attain mastery at five levels. The levels vary based on depth and degrees of specialization.
- Foundation Level: ITIL foundation is an entry-level, globally recognized credential that focuses on giving you an overview of the ITIL library, elements, concepts and related terminology in the ITIL service life cycle.
- Practitioner Level: Attaining ITIL foundation level, qualifies you to go for Practitioner level certification. It concentrates on the strategies favoring swift adaption and adoption of the ITIL framework in the organizations.
- Intermediate Level: Attaining the specific credits at the practitioner level, serves as a ladder to the intermediate level certification. It offers a modular approach and focusses on the core of each of IT service management.
- Expert Level: Attaining the above levels, you qualify for the, most crucial level of ITIL certification path, that is the Expert Level.It encapsulates ITIL processes across ITIL disciplines, in its entirety. Attaining this entitles you to get hold of commanding managerial designations in the top shot organizations across the globe.
- Master Level: Achieving the Master level ITIL certification enables you to change the organization’s environment and align all the business processes on the laid ITIL best practices. You get empowered to apply the ITIL principles, techniques and strategies to accomplish the desired business goals.
Achieving the higher levels of the ITIL certification certainly helps you to sharpen your skill set and places you in a stronger position, having the competitive edge over your peers. The biggest concern before choosing to follow the ITIL career path is- What would be the worth of ITIL certification in the coming decade?
I believe, stating the fact that the ITIL is a framework that is governing the IT service management and already over 10,000 organizations have entirely transitioned and adopted the ITIL framework, must be sufficient to clear your anxiety about its worth. Adding to your knowledge, latest Axelos report unearths the fact that the 80% of non-technical units would be more focused on service governance, service strategy and service design and ITIL professionals would be highly demanded to make the adoption process simpler and smoother.
- Popular Posts
- Recent Posts