- Course Summary
- Course Content
- Career Path ways
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) (210-260) is the associate –level exam that one has to clear in order to validate his skills and knowledge required for securing Cisco networks. CCNA Security certification empowers a network professional with the necessary skills required to come up with a security infrastructure, diagnose any network vulnerabilities, and mitigate security threats.
In this course, you will figure out how to design and check an essential IPv4 and IPv6 network. You will likewise find out about the outline, execution, and checking of a thorough security strategy utilizing Cisco IOS Security elements and advances. This course qualifies a security professional to perform fundamental assignments to secure a system utilizing Cisco IOS security highlights, which are accessible through GUIs on the Cisco ASA, and the command line interface (CLI) on Cisco routers and switches.
Site-to-site virtual private network (VPN) arrangement is secured on both the Cisco IOS and the Cisco ASA. Present day malware illustrations are incorporated into this course as cryptographic systems utilizing more grounded hashing and encryption calculations. Current forms of Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA, and Cisco Any Connect are also highlighted.
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to secure Cisco networks. With a CCNA Security certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats. The CCNA Security curriculum emphasizes core security technologies, the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices, and competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.
The CCNA Security certification lays the foundation for job roles such as Network Security Specialist, Security Administrator and Network Security Support Engineer. It is the first step for individuals wishing to obtain their CCNP Security certification.
In addition, the National Systems Security (INFOSEC) and the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) recognizes the Cisco CCNA Security courseware meets CNSS 4011 training.
- Common network security concepts
- Secure routing and switching infrastructure
- Deploy basic authentication, authorization, and accounting services (AAA)
- 802.1x authentication and BYOD
- Deploy basic firewalling services
- Deploy basic site-to-site and remote access VPN services
- Advanced security services such as intrusion protection, content security and identity management
- Develop a comprehensive network security policy to counter threats against information security
- Configure routers with Cisco IOS software security features, including management and reporting functions
- Bootstrap the Cisco ASA Firewall for use in a production network
- Configure the Cisco ASA Firewall for remote access to a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN
- Configure a Cisco IOS zone-based firewall (ZBF) to perform basic security operations on a network
- Configure site-to-site VPNs using Cisco IOS features
- Configure security features on IOS switches to mitigate various Layer 2 and Layer 3 attacks
- How a network can be compromised using freely available tools
- Implement line passwords, and enable passwords and secrets
- Examine authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) concepts and features using the local database as well as Cisco Secure ACS 5.8
- Configure packet filtering on the perimeter router
Lab 2: Configure and Verify AAA
Lab 3: Configuration Management Protocols
Lab 4: Securing Routing Protocols
Lab 5: VLAN Security and ACLs on Switches
Lab 6: Port Security and Private VLAN Edge
Lab 7: Securing DHCP, ARP, and STP
Lab 8: Explore Firewall Technologies
Lab 9: Cisco ASA Interfaces and NAT
Lab 10: Access Control Using the Cisco ASA
Lab 11: Exploring Cisco IOS Zone-Based Firewall
Lab 12: Explore IPsec Technologies
Lab 13: IOS-Based Site-to-Site VPN
Lab 14: ASA-Based Site-to-Site VPN
Lab 15: Remote Access VPN: ASA and AnyConnect
Lab 16: Clientless Remote Access VPN
Below are a few job roles for which CCNA certified candidates can apply and opt for:
- Network Security Admin
- Network Security Engineer
- Network Security Support Specialist
- Cisco Network Security Engineer
To advance their career and increase their knowledge domain candidates can opt for any of the following certification programs in different tracks:
I passed CCIE Security from first attempt from Networkershome .I was recommended from my Senior in Mangolia.
NETWORKERS Home has world class instructors and Lab facility which is Biggest In India .
CCIE SECURITY, #54696
The best Institute for all CCIE tracks. I came as a fresher, completed my ccie and got the number! with in few months. Those who are trying to get a CCIE, I recommend them to Join Networkers Home.
HAZIF ISMAIL working at IPSOFT Inc.
CCIE DATA CENTER, #52901
Best institute for CCIE in India..
Best devices facility..
If u want to be CCIE…there is no other place other than NH.
CCIE SECURITY, #54049
One of the best institute in India, as per faculty, lab trainer, environment, technical stuffs. As per technical Staffs is also good & always supportive & 24×7 racks are available, & for study point of you , one of the best place.
CCIE DATA CENTER, #52164