- Course Summary
- Course Content
- Career Path ways
To achieve this feet of CCIE in Routing and Switching, presently, Cisco expects you to clear the following two exams:
- Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam
- Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching Lab Exam
The Written Exam (400‐101) version 5.1 tests a candidate with 90−110 questions which one has to answer within a time limit of 2-hour. This exam validates that professionals have the expertise to: configure, validate, and troubleshoot any type of complex network infrastructure; understand the interoperability of various components of an infrastructure; and translate all the functional requirements which are specific to the configuration of the devices.
The Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) and Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE) certifications were established to assist the industry in distinguishing the top echelon of internetworking experts worldwide and to assess Expert-level infrastructure network design skills worldwide. These certifications are accepted worldwide as the most prestigious networking certifications in the industry. The CCIE and CCDE community has established a reputation of leading the networking industry in deep technical networking knowledge and are deployed into the most technically challenging network assignments. The Expert-level certification program continually updates and revises its testing tools and methodologies to ensure unparalleled program quality, relevance and value. Through a rigorous written exam and a performance based lab, these Expert-level certification programs set the standard for internetworking expertise.
The Lab Exam version is an eight-hour, hands-on exam. It tests your knowledge to configure and troubleshoot a series of complex networks as per the given specifications. The candidates are expected to have thorough knowledge of troubleshooting and are expected to diagnose and solve all issues which are a part of the CCIE lab exam. The candidates are responsible for fixing all issues of devices residing in the network.
- How to Configure and Troubleshoot:
- All concepts of Layer 2 (Switches, HDLC and PPP)
- Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN)
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP) v2
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) for IPv4 & IPv6
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) for IPv4 & IPv6
- Route Redistribution – IGP
- How to control IGP Updates with the help of Route Maps and Distribute Lists
- BGP-4 Neighbor Relationships for IPv4 and IPv6
- Filtering of all types of BGP Updates usingAS Path Access Lists, Communities, Prefix Lists, and Route Maps
- Label Switching (Multiprotocol) & Layer 3 VPN
- Manipulation of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Attributes
- PIM Sparse and Dense Modes used for IP Multicast Routing
- QOS for Routers
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), First Hop Redundancy Protocols,Network Services including Network Address Translation (NAT), Network Time Protocols
- Troubleshooting methodologies and techniques for any network
- Layer 2 Technologies
- VLANs &Trunking
- STP, RSTP, and MSTP
- QinQ Tunneling
- Advanced Spanning Tree Features
- SPAN and RSPAN
- PPP and PPPoE
- PPP Authentication and Advanced PPP Features
- PPP Troubleshooting
- Layer 2 Troubleshooting
- IGP Routing
- OSPF Configuration
- Advanced OSPF: Area Types, Summarization, Authentication, Virtual-Links, etc.
- EIGRP Configuration
- Advanced EIGRP: Authentication, Summarization, Metric Tuning, etc.
- RIP Configuration
- Advanced RIP: Timers Tuning, Authentication, Summarization, etc.
- Route Redistribution
- Additional IGP-Related Topics
- General Routing Troubleshooting (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Advanced OSPF Troubleshooting
- Advanced EIGRP Troubleshooting
- IGP Troubleshooting
- BGP Configuration
- BGP Router Reflectors and Confederations
- Route Aggregation
- Community Signaling
- BGP Best Path Manipulation: AS_PATH, Local Pref, Other Attributes
- Route Filtering Features
- Advanced BGP: Conditional Advertisement, ORF, etc.
- Additional BGP Features
- Advanced BGP Troubleshooting
- MPLS VPN
- MPLS LDP
- MP-BGP VPNv4
- Route Target Filtering
- PE-CE Routing: OSPF and RIP
- Inter-site Connectivity
- Advanced Features: Summarization, Internet Access, etc.
- MPLS and MPLS VPN Troubleshooting
- Ipsec VPN
- Site-to-site IPsec Tunnels
- Virtual Tunnel Interfaces (VTI)
- Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN)
- Addressing and Tunneling
- Routing: OSPFv3, EIGRPv6, and BGP
- Advanced OSPFv3 Features: Area Types, Summarization, etc.
- OSPFv3 Troubleshooting
- Additional IPv6-Related Topics
- IPv6 Troubleshooting
- IP Multicast
- PIM Sparse and Dense Mode
- Auto-RP and BSR
- RP Filtering Techniques
- PIM and IGMP Access Control
- RPF Failures
- Tunneling Multicast Traffic
- PIM over NBMA Networks
- Interdomain Multicast (MSDP)
- Additional Multicast Features
- Basic and Advanced Multicast Troubleshooting
- QoSDiffServ and InterServ Theory
- Classification and Marking
- Network-Based Application Recognition (NBAR)
- Policing and Shaping
- Queueing Techniques: Legacy and CBWFQ/HQF
- Congestion Management Techniques
- Congestion Avoidance Techniques
- Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP)
- Access-Lists in Routers and Switches
- Port Security
- Private VLANs
- DHCP Snooping
- IP Source Guard
- Dynamic ARP Inspection
- IPv6 First Hop Security
- TCP Intercept
- Managing Router Access: Privilege Levels, RBAC
- dditional Security Topics
- IP Services
- First Hop Redundancy Services: HSRP, GLBP, VRRP
- IOS Features: Menus, HTTP server, DHCP, etc.
- Management Features: SNMP and RMON
- SLA and Object Tracking
- Embedded Event Manager (EEM)
- Additional IP Services
NOTE: All the students enrolling for the CCIE R&S course will be undergoing intensive lab training on all of the above mentioned topics.
Below are a few job roles for which CCIE R&S certified candidates can apply and opt for:
- Network Designer
- System Integrator
- Network Engineer
- Network Consultants
- System Engineer
To advance their career and continue with their learning candidates can go for the highest level of Cisco Certification that is CCAr. Thorough understanding of network infrastructures & principles and a valid Cisco CCDE certification can act as a prerequisite for appearing for CCAr. This exam should be attempted by candidates who already have years (minimum 10 years recommended) of industry (large production network) experience. For more details related to CCAr you can follow this link.
The candidates interested in increasing their knowledge domain can also opt for any of the following certification programs in different tracks:
I passed CCIE Security from first attempt from Networkershome .I was recommended from my Senior in Mangolia.
NETWORKERS Home has world class instructors and Lab facility which is Biggest In India .
CCIE SECURITY, #54696
The best Institute for all CCIE tracks. I came as a fresher, completed my ccie and got the number! with in few months. Those who are trying to get a CCIE, I recommend them to Join Networkers Home.
HAZIF ISMAIL working at IPSOFT Inc.
CCIE DATA CENTER, #52901
Best institute for CCIE in India..
Best devices facility..
If u want to be CCIE…there is no other place other than NH.
CCIE SECURITY, #54049
One of the best institute in India, as per faculty, lab trainer, environment, technical stuffs. As per technical Staffs is also good & always supportive & 24×7 racks are available, & for study point of you , one of the best place.
CCIE DATA CENTER, #52164